- Food and beverage franchises
- Business established:
- Total business units:
At Walker’s Doughnuts, we create the World’s Tastiest Doughnuts! Soft, melt in your mouth Pillows of Perfection; our Doughnuts are created by Doughnut Lovers for Doughnut Lovers.
Now it’s your turn to own a piece of something special. A simple model with absolutely no baking in store; just filling, decorating and displaying. Our famous varieties include our signature Vanilla Glazed, Boston Cream, Bavarian Custard Cream, Triple Choc, French Toast, Rocky Road, Raspberry Cheesecake and many others. Our Hot Jam Doughnuts are freshly cooked to perfection and available all day long!
But that’s not all! Together with our award-winning Black Rose blend, our Classic Hot Dog flavours, Traditional Milkshakes and speciality Heritage Sodas imported exclusively from the USA, you’ll find us an unbeatable and irresistible offering.
Bite into a Walker’s Doughnut and you’ll step back in time to the Golden Age of Americana, with dynamite doughnuts, malted milkshakes and classic hot dogs.
Heading up the nostalgic brand are Co-Founders, Owners and “Head Doughnuteers”, Jim and Rose Stoupas who say their business combines a memorable time in history with a deep passion for baking
“We’re inspired by the classic tastes of the American post-war era with food that evokes a sense of yesteryear, where food tasted fresh and where warm and genuine service was expected,” Mrs Stoupas said.
Why spelt Doughnut. Well Doughnut is still the usual way to spell it in most countries outside of North America. However, at the end of the day, we love making great Doughnuts whether you spell it Donut or Doughnut.
When you partner with Walker’s Doughnuts as a franchisee, you become part of our Walker’s family, a family that has seen a successful operation grow from humble beginnings in Melbourne to a business that is loved by its customers and has been delighting Australians since 2006.
We currently have more than 22 Walkers Doughnuts Franchises across Australia, we’ve come out of covid stronger and wiser and are pushing forward into new areas, so feel free to contact us and discuss potential location opportunities.
Click here to download our Walkers Doughnuts Leasing Brochure 2023.
Training starts with an intensive two weeks in store prior to official opening and a one week handover within the franchisees own store.
We take care of site selection and will look after all lease negotiations. You will have full access to instore POS equipment and software along with a full software reporting system along with training and operations software systems. You will have a designated Field Manager visiting weekly for the first month of operation then you will have locked in fortnightly visits and extra access if any kind of help is needed.
We provide a constructive environment with regular franchisee meetings with not only Head office providing help and assistance, however you have the team of franchisees all prepared to help with guidance or assistance as we work towards not only your own individual stores success however overall team success for all franchisees combined.
How you get started on a journey to a successful business:
7 Steps away from making Dough !
1. Register your interest with us by completing the enquiry form.
2. Our Franchise Recruitment Manager will contact you for a conversation and to provide you with an application form to see if you’re the passionate person and keen owner/operator we’re on the look out for. This is your chance to ask questions about us too and find out if we’re the doughnuts you’ve been dreaming about.
3. Next up we meet! You’ve looked over our info pack & hopefully gone for a bite at one of our stores so we’ll get down to discussing the Walker’s Doughnuts business model, your experience, financials & stability and make sure it’s a match made in Doughnut heaven.
4. Now that we approve of each other, it’s time to get the process really started. You’ll be asked to pay a fully refundable deposit of $3,300 which will go towards the cost of franchise & disclosure document preparation.
5. Once your business & financial due diligence is complete, you will meet with the Walker’s Doughnuts franchisors, Jim & Rose, for your approval meeting. All things going swimmingly, you will be issued with our franchise agreements in their final form, Welcome to Walker’s!
6. Once the agreements are signed, along with the payment of the Franchise Fee, you will be given a 7 day cooling off period before we go any further. We want to be 100% sure this is the right fit for you and do make sure you’re consulting your advisers.
7. Congratulations you’re now part of something wonderful. Next step is building, hiring, training and before you know it – the Grand Opening of your very own Walker’s Doughnuts, huzzah!
- Franchise fee:
- Site/fit-out fee:
- Administration or management fee:
- Marketing fees:
At the end of the Franchise Agreement
- Transfer fee: